Developer Showcase #8 - Iggy (Animator)

• Hey, folks! Guess what! It's me and I brought a friend again!

His name is Igor, but literally everyone calls him Iggy to the point where new people will accidentally refer to him as Igor and get blank stares like "who tf is that?" Iggy is one of our 2ish animators and today you'll learn his story!

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um dieses Bild zu sehen.
    This is what bro pride looks like.

Before joining us at Gamepires, Iggy had a really cool past life as a very successful Youtuber making Dota 2 videos. Later he worked at another local gamedev studio as a video editor and then finally found his home with us.

If you're Iggy and you know it clap your hands! (Apparently this is a screenshot of a polished animation for carrying stuff around, but why would I give you any useful info if I can make a bad joke instead?)

If you've followed us here on Steam for a while, then you know that he wasn't always "just" an animator. We used to be poor and small and understaffed and Iggy is a bro, so he'd moonlight as a community manager talking to you guys and answering your questions. Then I got here and took his job. Kidding! We have more people for that now, so Iggy is free to concentrate on his holy animator duties, but you can still run into him online from time to time because he just likes talking to people. Weirdo.

We don't do that here, bro.

Right now he's working on the animations for the female characters. Lucky for him, he doesn't have to do everything from scratch and we can reuse some from the male characters. He says that otherwise we'd have to wait 2 more years because that's just the amount of time it would take. It doesn't mean it's an easy fix, though. There's still a huge amount of things to be done and, honestly, we're under a huge amount of pressure to do this right.

What? Is this not how your wives, mothers and sisters walk around all the time? Even when it's like really hot? Okay.

Female animations aren't the only animations he's working on right now. For example, down below you can see what jumping from an airplane with a parachute will look like.

It's so fun that Steam doesn't allow gifs in posts! Wheeeeeeeeee! Broooooooo.

Iggy has made most of the animations already in SCUM, as well as many that are still waiting to be implemented. The lovely pooping and peeing animations we have? Those too. He likes working on several things at once because when he gets bored of one thing he can just do something else and then come back to it later. That means right now he's also making animations of shooting from a squad bike, boxing, and rowing. I asked him what his favorite thing about his job is, but he was just like "I don't know, I like all parts of my job" and then when I asked about the worst part he said there isn't one, so at that point I just gave up because I can't handle that much chill.

I already mentioned that Iggy is a bro and that wasn't just a lame joke. We got to work one morning and there was a random piano there. Turns out, Iggy brought his own piano because some people have expressed interest in learning how to play and Iggy, being a bro he is, was like "hey, yeah, by the way, I play the piano, so I can teach whoever here wants to learn to play it." So that's what he does afterhours. For free, just like that, because he's a bro. Several of us are also starting a cringey fake band just for fun, so if you have any songs you'd like to hear us cover, make sure to let us know in the comments. We'll pick the best suggestion and make a very bad music video. For real. It's gonna be bad, though.

I mean yes, he does look like he's playing something pretentious, but I'm 99% sure it was Celine Dion. Bro.

I hope you liked Iggy because all of us here do. And if you're nice, maybe he can be your bro as well. We'll talk to you again here on Friday and, in the meantime, you know where to find us!

Love you, bye!

Freundlicher Gruss

Cyb3r | Russell Tovey

Projektleitung & Inhaber

TSPD Ausbildungsleiter

"Es gibt viele Wege zum Glück. Einer davon ist aufhören zu jammern."

-Albert Einstein