New Community Manager!

• New Blood

Salutations everyone! This isn’t necessarily a Dev Blog update, but if you’re interested in getting some insight regarding the current happenings around the office, I think you’ll quite enjoy this read!

My name is Brandon, and I’ll be taking up the reigns as Community Manager for Asylum Entertainment! Up until this point, Motown has been working as the Producer for Identity, and has also been lending his talents as a 3D Artist where possible. Seeing as he was also in charge of keeping fans up to speed on development progress, he’s most certainly happy to know that I’ll be alleviating some of his workload! Sean’s given me access to a slew of social media accounts, and I’ll try my best to keep them updated to the best of my ability! Don’t worry though, Motown isn’t about to evaporate from the scene or anything like that. You’ll still be able to catch him around the forums, twitch streams, and discord server! This also automatically makes me his apprentice, so I’m going to be shooting him questions pretty frequently for the first few weeks on the in’s and out’s of my role!

Dropping The (Beach) Ball

It’s true that news surrounding updates on Identity’s progress has been slow. While the Dev Blog has been gaining traction as of late, information has been rather scarce apart from the Q&As that pop up every now and then. There’s a few fantastic ones I actually studied before beginning my employment here (quick shoutouts to PowerGaming7 and TheDynasty on YouTube!), but it has been quite difficult to get a good glance into the heart of the project from the outside.

HOWEVER, this is not to say that there hasn’t been any progress! The fact that Asylum requires someone to solely handle social media should speak volumes as to how busy the team has been. With our transition to the new office, progress is going to move even faster, and I’ll be sure to keep everyone posted as much as possible!

With the upcoming advent of the modules, I’ll be sharing as much information as I can with you guys leading up to each release! I got a sneak peak at the world inside module one today and I definitely geeked out a little. In fact, I’m currently working beside Liam and Charles, a Web Developer and Game Developer respectively! It’s their first time working in the office too, so we’re basically getting to know each other while we wait for the fiber internet to finally get installed. Today’s workload is mostly housekeeping items, so getting our asylum accounts configured and checking out the game’s current build are some of the things that have kept us occupied!

The Interlocutor

The ultimate goal of the Community Manager is to prevent the chain of dialogue between the supporters and developers from breaking. I want to keep communication as open and accessible as possible, as maintaining a healthy discussion with backers is an integral component to nearly any project. I’ll be monitoring the forums and official discord server like a hawk, forwarding potential concerns and criticisms to the devs as go! I’ll also aim to share screenshots or insider information where I can! No, I unfortunately can’t take a print screen of the monitor beside me running the current build, but I definitely would if I could. Bitte melden Sie sich an, um dieses Bild zu sehen.

Any information I can get to you guys that I’m allowed to share, I will! A big part of my role is just to make sure you guys know that we’re alive! I want to engage as best as I can with the community to help tide everyone over until the game’s release. Heck, even I’M super intrigued by the development process. Truth be told, I’ve only learned of Identity about two months ago, and I’ve been hooked on the concept ever since! I’m very much akin to a fan that’s been granted access to all sorts of insider material, and I really want to see such an ambitious project succeed!

The worst thing I could possibly do in my position as Community Manager isn’t actually related to going dark. While halting the chain of dialogue would be absolutely detrimental to my role, an even worse scenario would involve me spewing false information that we’d later need to backtrack on. With this in mind, updates will still be somewhat slow for juuuust a little while longer. I need to make sure I’m brought up to speed with where Identity is currently at, so I’ll be in constant communication with literally everyone at the office for the next little while. I might be slow at responding to questions at first, but I’ll be an Identity master in no time! Don’t you worry!

I’ve already been added to the official discord server, and have even been graciously invited to several fan made servers already! While I love to chat, I’ll probably be more active within the official mediums provided to me. Still, Motown says I may elect join fan communities if I so choose, but that I mustn't get too carried away!

I have the keys to most of the social media already, so you might be able to expect a test tweet or a small facebook post by the end of the week. Nothing major, it’d just be me testing out some of the bells and whistles! I ALSO would like to send some formal messages to the moderators on the forums. Before I came on board with the team, I studied the forums pretty religiously for a few days to help get acquainted with the scene. The mods have done a lot of work for what is essentially nothing at the moment, and I’d like to thank each of you for your dedication to the community! We might also be looking for a few more moderators as traction picks up for the game too, so I might ask for your guys’ opinion on the matter soon! Bitte melden Sie sich an, um dieses Bild zu sehen.

Where Do We Go From Here?

For the first week or so, the new members of Asylum will focus on adjusting to the current workspace and will familiarize themselves with the territory. I suppose that’s just an overly complicated way of saying that we’re getting our bearings! We’re all essentially aiming to align ourselves with the project’s current progress and will slide right in pretty soon! For me, I’ll be getting the hang of the social media surrounding Identity, and hope to make my debut on one of the livestreams this week.

We’re unsure about a stream today as the fiber internet still isn’t functional, but that’s because the ISP rep that was supposed to show up called in sick today. X_X Ah well, it happens! Thank goodness for LTE usb hotspots, or else this message wouldn’t be reaching you at all! Motown and others should still have the stream going, I think they’ll be playing some CS:GO? No games being streamed from the office, but gaming hour should still exist!

Apart from that, I think that about does it for my first day in the office! Sorry the post wasn’t filled with screenshots or anything like that, but I promise to get you guys some juicy information as soon as I possibly can! Maybe some content might pop up in the #new_media channel on the official discord server? :eyes:

That’s all for this introduction post, hopefully it wasn’t too long! Thanks so much for the warm welcome on Discord, the active members of the Identity community seem really friendly, and I can’t wait to engage with all of you! Have a good one everyone!

-B

PS: And now I pray for no spelling mistakes...

Bitte melden Sie sich an, um diesen Link zu sehen.